Will court grant bail to Ramdev’s aide Balkrishna?
Dehradun: A court here will take up for hearing a bail plea filed by Baba Ramdev’s close aide Balkrishna, under arrested in a case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport
Balkrishna’s bail plea would be heard by District and Sessions Judge Raj Krishan.
Yesterday, his judicial remand was extended by 14 days – till August 13 - by Chief Judicial Magistrate S S Rawat.
Balkrishna is currently lodged in Suddhowala jail. He was arrested on July 20 from Haridwar, after a local court issued a non bailable warrant against him as he failed to appear before it.
The CBI, on July 10, had filed a chargesheet in a special court here against him in the case.
A case of cheating and criminal conspiracy had been registered by CBI against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake documents to get the passport.
Baba Ramdev has termed Balkrishna’s arrest as a conspiracy to weaken his fight against corruption and black money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan