Will court grant bail to Ramdev’s aide Balkrishna?
Dehradun: A court here will take up for hearing a bail plea filed by Baba Ramdev’s close aide Balkrishna, under arrested in a case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport
Balkrishna’s bail plea would be heard by District and Sessions Judge Raj Krishan.
Yesterday, his judicial remand was extended by 14 days – till August 13 - by Chief Judicial Magistrate S S Rawat.
Balkrishna is currently lodged in Suddhowala jail. He was arrested on July 20 from Haridwar, after a local court issued a non bailable warrant against him as he failed to appear before it.
The CBI, on July 10, had filed a chargesheet in a special court here against him in the case.
A case of cheating and criminal conspiracy had been registered by CBI against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake documents to get the passport.
Baba Ramdev has termed Balkrishna’s arrest as a conspiracy to weaken his fight against corruption and black money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened