Will court grant bail to Ramdev’s aide Balkrishna?
Dehradun: A court here will take up for hearing a bail plea filed by Baba Ramdev’s close aide Balkrishna, under arrested in a case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport
Balkrishna’s bail plea would be heard by District and Sessions Judge Raj Krishan.
Yesterday, his judicial remand was extended by 14 days – till August 13 - by Chief Judicial Magistrate S S Rawat.
Balkrishna is currently lodged in Suddhowala jail. He was arrested on July 20 from Haridwar, after a local court issued a non bailable warrant against him as he failed to appear before it.
The CBI, on July 10, had filed a chargesheet in a special court here against him in the case.
A case of cheating and criminal conspiracy had been registered by CBI against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake documents to get the passport.
Baba Ramdev has termed Balkrishna’s arrest as a conspiracy to weaken his fight against corruption and black money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital