Will sort out differences with Rawat: Bahuguna
New Delhi: Beleaguered Uttarakhand Chief
Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday said he would make efforts to
resolve differences with senior Congress leader Harish Rawat
and hoped that the party would be able to prove majority and
form government in the state.
"Harish Rawat has been a senior Congressman and I am
confident that we will sort out all the differences after
sitting together and I will personally make a lot of efforts
in this direction," Bahuguna said.
Rawat is unhappy at being ignored for the post of the
Chief Minister and more than a dozen of his MLA supporters
have still not extended support to Bahuguna.
The party has 32 MLAs in the 70 member house and has won
support of non-BJP MLAs but its inner rift has threatened to
mar its victory.
However, Bahuguna tried to put a brave face and said that
more MLAs will take oath and support him soon. Bahuguna said
that the Congress leadership was not working under any
"The High Command does not come under any pressure and
nobody tries to pressurise it also. They (Harish Rawat
supporters) are trying to put forth their view and the party
with try to understand and resolve the issues," Bahuguna said.
Bahuguna, who reached the capital today went straight
from the airport to meet Congress President Sonia Ganndhi.
"I went to express my gratitude to her (Gandhi) and to
brief her about the political situation in the state," he told
"I also met the Prime Minister because today the budget
was declared and as Chief Minister I put foward the problems
of the state on the fiscal side, development side," Bahuguna
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm