Woman flings children into river, commits suicide
Dehradun: A woman allegedly threw her four children into a river here before committing suicide by jumping into the same waters, police said.
Three of the children were saved while one is still missing, they said.
The incident occurred yesterday in Bhimawala area when the woman, Nikki (35) allegedly pushed her children, one by one into the gushing waters of the river and then jumped in herself, they said.
A passing auto driver, in a bid to rescue them, managed to bring out three of the four children and the woman, police said, adding Nikki later died at a hospital.
The fourth child is yet to be traced, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter