Woman flings children into river, commits suicide
Dehradun: A woman allegedly threw her four children into a river here before committing suicide by jumping into the same waters, police said.
Three of the children were saved while one is still missing, they said.
The incident occurred yesterday in Bhimawala area when the woman, Nikki (35) allegedly pushed her children, one by one into the gushing waters of the river and then jumped in herself, they said.
A passing auto driver, in a bid to rescue them, managed to bring out three of the four children and the woman, police said, adding Nikki later died at a hospital.
The fourth child is yet to be traced, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says