Woman flings children into river, commits suicide
Dehradun: A woman allegedly threw her four children into a river here before committing suicide by jumping into the same waters, police said.
Three of the children were saved while one is still missing, they said.
The incident occurred yesterday in Bhimawala area when the woman, Nikki (35) allegedly pushed her children, one by one into the gushing waters of the river and then jumped in herself, they said.
A passing auto driver, in a bid to rescue them, managed to bring out three of the four children and the woman, police said, adding Nikki later died at a hospital.
The fourth child is yet to be traced, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'