Woman flings children into river, commits suicide
Dehradun: A woman allegedly threw her four children into a river here before committing suicide by jumping into the same waters, police said.
Three of the children were saved while one is still missing, they said.
The incident occurred yesterday in Bhimawala area when the woman, Nikki (35) allegedly pushed her children, one by one into the gushing waters of the river and then jumped in herself, they said.
A passing auto driver, in a bid to rescue them, managed to bring out three of the four children and the woman, police said, adding Nikki later died at a hospital.
The fourth child is yet to be traced, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued