Woman gang-raped by policemen in Roorkee
Dehradun A woman was allegedly gang-raped by two constables while she was on her way to Mussourie in a car, police said today.
As per the complaint lodged by the victim, she was molested by a group of policemen who stopped the car in which she was travelling along with acquaintances in Roorkee`s Gangnahar area on Saturday night. Two of the police constables later gang-raped her, she alleged.
Six policemen and a civilian have been booked under different sections of the IPC in this connection, police in Haridwar said.
Acting on the woman`s complaint, Haridwar SSP Arun Mohan Joshi has sent the six accused cops to the lines.
The victim`s medical examination report is still awaited and further action will be taken on its basis, Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President