Woman kills son, commits suicide
Dehra Dun:A woman allegedly committed
suicide after killing her 10-year-old son in the city, police
on Monay said.
Shruti Agrawal (38), a teacher in a private school, was
found hanging from a ceiling fan at her parental house in
Khurbura locality here last evening. Her son Ayush was also
lying dead on her bed with his hands tied.
Shruti`s parents were not at home when the incident
occurred. When they returned, the room of their daughter was
bolted from inside. Later, they broke open the door with the
help of neighbours and took the two to the Government Doon
Hospital where they were declared brought dead.
Shruti was a divorcee and had shifted her base from
Mumbai to Dehra Dun a few years ago. She had also not being
She was depressed due to her unsuccessful marriage and
her ailment, her parents told the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate