Woman kills son, commits suicide
Dehra Dun:A woman allegedly committed
suicide after killing her 10-year-old son in the city, police
on Monay said.
Shruti Agrawal (38), a teacher in a private school, was
found hanging from a ceiling fan at her parental house in
Khurbura locality here last evening. Her son Ayush was also
lying dead on her bed with his hands tied.
Shruti`s parents were not at home when the incident
occurred. When they returned, the room of their daughter was
bolted from inside. Later, they broke open the door with the
help of neighbours and took the two to the Government Doon
Hospital where they were declared brought dead.
Shruti was a divorcee and had shifted her base from
Mumbai to Dehra Dun a few years ago. She had also not being
She was depressed due to her unsuccessful marriage and
her ailment, her parents told the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon