Women Congress workers present binoculars to Pokhriyal
Dehra Dun: In a humorous way of protest, a
group of women belonging to state Congress, on Saturday presented a
set of binoculars to the Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal
Nishank so that he could trace the development work "being
boasted" by him.
"The main aim of our yatra was to find out the
developmental works being boasted by the Chief Minister," said
Manorama Sharma, All India Congress general secretary.
"We presented the binoculars to the Chief Minister
because if we have not discovered these works may be he can
see better from these binoculars," said Sharma.
The Congress women workers also organised "Vikas Khoj
Yatra" which was flagged off by the leader of Opposition Harak
Singh Rawat here.
Sharma, who led the march, said the workers marched
through the streets of Dehra Dun city and stopped near the
residence of the Chief Minister.
Later, they presented a set of binoculars to the office
of the Chief Minister stating all the women Congress workers
did not find any developmental works being carried out by
Nishank in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US