Women Congress workers present binoculars to Pokhriyal
Dehra Dun: In a humorous way of protest, a
group of women belonging to state Congress, on Saturday presented a
set of binoculars to the Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal
Nishank so that he could trace the development work "being
boasted" by him.
"The main aim of our yatra was to find out the
developmental works being boasted by the Chief Minister," said
Manorama Sharma, All India Congress general secretary.
"We presented the binoculars to the Chief Minister
because if we have not discovered these works may be he can
see better from these binoculars," said Sharma.
The Congress women workers also organised "Vikas Khoj
Yatra" which was flagged off by the leader of Opposition Harak
Singh Rawat here.
Sharma, who led the march, said the workers marched
through the streets of Dehra Dun city and stopped near the
residence of the Chief Minister.
Later, they presented a set of binoculars to the office
of the Chief Minister stating all the women Congress workers
did not find any developmental works being carried out by
Nishank in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....
- Brace yourself, Eid is coming! New still from Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will gear you up for trailer launch
- 'India's net FDI flows to hit USD 38 billion this fiscal'
- Did you know Avika Gor also took Cannes Film Festival by storm this year! - Pics inside
- Vijay Mallya's India woes now troubling his US beer firm