Work in govt offices hit by protest over quota in promotion
Dehradun: Work in government offices across Uttarakhand was affected On Monday as employees resorted to protest demonstrations against the proposed reservation in promotion bill in Parliament.
The government employees under the banner of `Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmachari-Shikshak Sangharsha Morcha` gathered at the Parade Ground here to register their opposition to the Bill, which was to come up for voting in Parliament today.
At many places, the protesters even took out rallies to oppose the bill.
Morcha leaders said the contentious legislation will fragment the society along caste lines if it is passed by Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months