Work in govt offices hit by protest over quota in promotion
Dehradun: Work in government offices across Uttarakhand was affected On Monday as employees resorted to protest demonstrations against the proposed reservation in promotion bill in Parliament.
The government employees under the banner of `Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmachari-Shikshak Sangharsha Morcha` gathered at the Parade Ground here to register their opposition to the Bill, which was to come up for voting in Parliament today.
At many places, the protesters even took out rallies to oppose the bill.
Morcha leaders said the contentious legislation will fragment the society along caste lines if it is passed by Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'