Work in govt offices hit by protest over quota in promotion
Dehradun: Work in government offices across Uttarakhand was affected On Monday as employees resorted to protest demonstrations against the proposed reservation in promotion bill in Parliament.
The government employees under the banner of `Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmachari-Shikshak Sangharsha Morcha` gathered at the Parade Ground here to register their opposition to the Bill, which was to come up for voting in Parliament today.
At many places, the protesters even took out rallies to oppose the bill.
Morcha leaders said the contentious legislation will fragment the society along caste lines if it is passed by Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today