Work in govt offices hit by protest over quota in promotion
Dehradun: Work in government offices across Uttarakhand was affected On Monday as employees resorted to protest demonstrations against the proposed reservation in promotion bill in Parliament.
The government employees under the banner of `Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmachari-Shikshak Sangharsha Morcha` gathered at the Parade Ground here to register their opposition to the Bill, which was to come up for voting in Parliament today.
At many places, the protesters even took out rallies to oppose the bill.
Morcha leaders said the contentious legislation will fragment the society along caste lines if it is passed by Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?