Work in govt offices hit by protest over quota in promotion
Dehradun: Work in government offices across Uttarakhand was affected On Monday as employees resorted to protest demonstrations against the proposed reservation in promotion bill in Parliament.
The government employees under the banner of `Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmachari-Shikshak Sangharsha Morcha` gathered at the Parade Ground here to register their opposition to the Bill, which was to come up for voting in Parliament today.
At many places, the protesters even took out rallies to oppose the bill.
Morcha leaders said the contentious legislation will fragment the society along caste lines if it is passed by Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians