Would like to see Rahul Gandhi as PM: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday said he would like to see Rahul Gandhi as Prime Minister after 2014 General Elections.
"I am pleased to hear that Rahul Gandhi is ready to take a big responsibility. But I want to see him as Prime Minister after the 2014 general elections," Bahuguna told reporters here after inaugurating the new headquarters of the SIDCUL, a state government nodal agency for industrialisation.
Though the decision of Gandhi has come late, Bahuguna said he welcomed the step and said he wants the Congress party to contest general elections under his leadership.
Bahuguna also praised Gandhi for his intellectual personality and said he was an able leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16