Would like to see Rahul Gandhi as PM: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday said he would like to see Rahul Gandhi as Prime Minister after 2014 General Elections.
"I am pleased to hear that Rahul Gandhi is ready to take a big responsibility. But I want to see him as Prime Minister after the 2014 general elections," Bahuguna told reporters here after inaugurating the new headquarters of the SIDCUL, a state government nodal agency for industrialisation.
Though the decision of Gandhi has come late, Bahuguna said he welcomed the step and said he wants the Congress party to contest general elections under his leadership.
Bahuguna also praised Gandhi for his intellectual personality and said he was an able leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof