Would like to see Rahul Gandhi as PM: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday said he would like to see Rahul Gandhi as Prime Minister after 2014 General Elections.
"I am pleased to hear that Rahul Gandhi is ready to take a big responsibility. But I want to see him as Prime Minister after the 2014 general elections," Bahuguna told reporters here after inaugurating the new headquarters of the SIDCUL, a state government nodal agency for industrialisation.
Though the decision of Gandhi has come late, Bahuguna said he welcomed the step and said he wants the Congress party to contest general elections under his leadership.
Bahuguna also praised Gandhi for his intellectual personality and said he was an able leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside