Yamunotri, Gangotri highways closed
Dehra Dun: The Rishikesh-Gangotri and Rishikesh-Yamunotri highways were blocked for traffic following landslides at some areas on Friday, officials said.
Officials of the disaster management and mitigation centre (DMMC) here said the Gangotri highway was blocked at Bhatukasaur area while the Yamunotri highway was closed at Badia areas.
Efforts are on to clear the debris with the help of PWD and BRO men.
The landslides occurred due to continuous rains in the hilly areas of Uttarkashi district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!