Youth takes up murder contract to finance studies
Kotdwara: In a shocking case, a youth has been arrested in connection with the murder of a property dealer, after he allegedly took the contract for the killing to finance his studies, police said here Wednesday.
Abhijeet (19) reportedly confessed to the murder of one Bhairav Dutt Pandey of Sigaddi area here, for a meager Rs 60,000, so that he could finance his degree, they said.
The victim`s body was recovered with multiple stab wounds from a road side at Hardwar Kotdwara Forest road near Chillarkhal on August 30, they said.
According to police, one Atul, who was living as a paying guest in the deceased`s house, had developed an illicit relation with Pandey`s wife.
Atul then hired Abhijeet and one Meghraj to kill Pandey, they said.
Abhijeet revealed in police custody that he had passed Intermediate exams and wanted to get admission in BSc (IT), but his family condition did not allow him. He then decided to take contract for killing Pandey, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets