Youth takes up murder contract to finance studies
Kotdwara: In a shocking case, a youth has been arrested in connection with the murder of a property dealer, after he allegedly took the contract for the killing to finance his studies, police said here Wednesday.
Abhijeet (19) reportedly confessed to the murder of one Bhairav Dutt Pandey of Sigaddi area here, for a meager Rs 60,000, so that he could finance his degree, they said.
The victim`s body was recovered with multiple stab wounds from a road side at Hardwar Kotdwara Forest road near Chillarkhal on August 30, they said.
According to police, one Atul, who was living as a paying guest in the deceased`s house, had developed an illicit relation with Pandey`s wife.
Atul then hired Abhijeet and one Meghraj to kill Pandey, they said.
Abhijeet revealed in police custody that he had passed Intermediate exams and wanted to get admission in BSc (IT), but his family condition did not allow him. He then decided to take contract for killing Pandey, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding