Youth takes up murder contract to finance studies
Kotdwara: In a shocking case, a youth has been arrested in connection with the murder of a property dealer, after he allegedly took the contract for the killing to finance his studies, police said here Wednesday.
Abhijeet (19) reportedly confessed to the murder of one Bhairav Dutt Pandey of Sigaddi area here, for a meager Rs 60,000, so that he could finance his degree, they said.
The victim`s body was recovered with multiple stab wounds from a road side at Hardwar Kotdwara Forest road near Chillarkhal on August 30, they said.
According to police, one Atul, who was living as a paying guest in the deceased`s house, had developed an illicit relation with Pandey`s wife.
Atul then hired Abhijeet and one Meghraj to kill Pandey, they said.
Abhijeet revealed in police custody that he had passed Intermediate exams and wanted to get admission in BSc (IT), but his family condition did not allow him. He then decided to take contract for killing Pandey, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!