Youth takes up murder contract to finance studies
Kotdwara: In a shocking case, a youth has been arrested in connection with the murder of a property dealer, after he allegedly took the contract for the killing to finance his studies, police said here Wednesday.
Abhijeet (19) reportedly confessed to the murder of one Bhairav Dutt Pandey of Sigaddi area here, for a meager Rs 60,000, so that he could finance his degree, they said.
The victim`s body was recovered with multiple stab wounds from a road side at Hardwar Kotdwara Forest road near Chillarkhal on August 30, they said.
According to police, one Atul, who was living as a paying guest in the deceased`s house, had developed an illicit relation with Pandey`s wife.
Atul then hired Abhijeet and one Meghraj to kill Pandey, they said.
Abhijeet revealed in police custody that he had passed Intermediate exams and wanted to get admission in BSc (IT), but his family condition did not allow him. He then decided to take contract for killing Pandey, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley