Youth takes up murder contract to finance studies
Kotdwara: In a shocking case, a youth has been arrested in connection with the murder of a property dealer, after he allegedly took the contract for the killing to finance his studies, police said here Wednesday.
Abhijeet (19) reportedly confessed to the murder of one Bhairav Dutt Pandey of Sigaddi area here, for a meager Rs 60,000, so that he could finance his degree, they said.
The victim`s body was recovered with multiple stab wounds from a road side at Hardwar Kotdwara Forest road near Chillarkhal on August 30, they said.
According to police, one Atul, who was living as a paying guest in the deceased`s house, had developed an illicit relation with Pandey`s wife.
Atul then hired Abhijeet and one Meghraj to kill Pandey, they said.
Abhijeet revealed in police custody that he had passed Intermediate exams and wanted to get admission in BSc (IT), but his family condition did not allow him. He then decided to take contract for killing Pandey, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users