1 killed in lorry accident, NH-6 blocked
Howrah: One person was killed and another
injured when a lorry hit a trolly van at Chandrapur village
on Nh-6 on Tuesday.
Police said the speeding lorry hit the van, carrying
three persons, from behind. While the owner of the van, aged
around 50, died on the spot, another person, who sustained
injuries, was rushed to Bagnan hospital. Another injured
person was released after firs aid.
Irate villagers put up a road block on NH-6 at the
accident spot but lifted the blockade after 10 minutes at the
intervention of the police.
Later they blocked the highway at Khadinan More where
six persons, including 3 women and a child, died in an
accident on NH-6 on April 1.
The protesters were picketing against frequent accidents
on the highway.
Traffic was stalled on Nh-6 ofr some time due to the
agitation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP