10 cops, 20 CPI (M) activists injured in group clash
Midnapore: Ten policemen and 20 CPI(M) activists were injured on Sunday in a clash between them following an altercation in West Midnapore district, police said.
Police lathicharged and used teargas shells on CPI(M) activists after they started throwing stones on them following an altercation over selection of managing committee members of Kuanpure High School in Chandrakona area, they said.
The officer-in-charge of the local police station was also among the injured, police said, adding that at least 20 party cadre were later arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video