10 cops, 20 CPI (M) activists injured in group clash
Midnapore: Ten policemen and 20 CPI(M) activists were injured on Sunday in a clash between them following an altercation in West Midnapore district, police said.
Police lathicharged and used teargas shells on CPI(M) activists after they started throwing stones on them following an altercation over selection of managing committee members of Kuanpure High School in Chandrakona area, they said.
The officer-in-charge of the local police station was also among the injured, police said, adding that at least 20 party cadre were later arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users