10 Maoist cadre arrested, arms and ammunition seized
Midnapore: Ten Maoist cadre were
arrested and a large cache of arms and ammunition were seized
from Maoist-hit Lalgarh and adjoining areas of West Midnapore
district, the police said on Sunday.
"The Maoist cadre were arrested from Brindabanpur,
Sirshi in Jhargram and Bhalukbasa in Goaltore during raids in
the past three days in the forests," Superintendent of Police
Manoj Verma said at press conference here.
Fourteen single-barrel guns, four double-barrel guns,
eight pistols, gelatine sticks, detonators, explosives and
Maoist literature were seized from several places, he said.
Verma said the raids would continue in the Maoist
strongholds of West Midnapore district.
Meanwhile, local Trinamool Congress leader and Union
Minister of State for Rural Development Sisir Adhikari claimed
that armed CPI-M cadre have been running 40 camps in the
jungle areas of the district on the sidelines of a workers`
meeting at Kharagpur near here.
SP Verma denied that any such camp was running in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Shaktikanta Das attending Saarc FMs meet, instead of Jaitley: Official
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh