10 Maoist cadre arrested, arms and ammunition seized
Midnapore: Ten Maoist cadre were
arrested and a large cache of arms and ammunition were seized
from Maoist-hit Lalgarh and adjoining areas of West Midnapore
district, the police said on Sunday.
"The Maoist cadre were arrested from Brindabanpur,
Sirshi in Jhargram and Bhalukbasa in Goaltore during raids in
the past three days in the forests," Superintendent of Police
Manoj Verma said at press conference here.
Fourteen single-barrel guns, four double-barrel guns,
eight pistols, gelatine sticks, detonators, explosives and
Maoist literature were seized from several places, he said.
Verma said the raids would continue in the Maoist
strongholds of West Midnapore district.
Meanwhile, local Trinamool Congress leader and Union
Minister of State for Rural Development Sisir Adhikari claimed
that armed CPI-M cadre have been running 40 camps in the
jungle areas of the district on the sidelines of a workers`
meeting at Kharagpur near here.
SP Verma denied that any such camp was running in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi