10 Maoist cadre arrested, arms and ammunition seized
Midnapore: Ten Maoist cadre were
arrested and a large cache of arms and ammunition were seized
from Maoist-hit Lalgarh and adjoining areas of West Midnapore
district, the police said on Sunday.
"The Maoist cadre were arrested from Brindabanpur,
Sirshi in Jhargram and Bhalukbasa in Goaltore during raids in
the past three days in the forests," Superintendent of Police
Manoj Verma said at press conference here.
Fourteen single-barrel guns, four double-barrel guns,
eight pistols, gelatine sticks, detonators, explosives and
Maoist literature were seized from several places, he said.
Verma said the raids would continue in the Maoist
strongholds of West Midnapore district.
Meanwhile, local Trinamool Congress leader and Union
Minister of State for Rural Development Sisir Adhikari claimed
that armed CPI-M cadre have been running 40 camps in the
jungle areas of the district on the sidelines of a workers`
meeting at Kharagpur near here.
SP Verma denied that any such camp was running in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead