10 women injured in acid attack on ladies compartment in train
Kolkata: Ten women were injured, two of
them seriously, when unidentified miscreants hurled acid on a
ladies compartment of a suburban train near here tonight,
As the down Sealdah-Baruipur local train was
proceeding towards the Dhakuria railway station around 7.35 pm
after passing Ballygunge railway station, acid was hurled at
the ladies compartment from the right side of the train,
Government Railway Police (GRP) officials said.
Sources in the Eastern Railway, however, said seven
women were injured.
Four of the injured, including the two seriously
injured women were rushed to the National Medical College
Hospital here for treatment, the sources said.
The other injured were given medical aid at the
Sonarpur and the Baruipur railway station, they said.
One of the injured Shahnawaz Begum of Mallickpur area
of Baruipur said the compartment was filled with smoke after
the acid was hurled and she felt burning sensation on her
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui