10 women injured in acid attack on ladies compartment in train
Kolkata: Ten women were injured, two of
them seriously, when unidentified miscreants hurled acid on a
ladies compartment of a suburban train near here tonight,
As the down Sealdah-Baruipur local train was
proceeding towards the Dhakuria railway station around 7.35 pm
after passing Ballygunge railway station, acid was hurled at
the ladies compartment from the right side of the train,
Government Railway Police (GRP) officials said.
Sources in the Eastern Railway, however, said seven
women were injured.
Four of the injured, including the two seriously
injured women were rushed to the National Medical College
Hospital here for treatment, the sources said.
The other injured were given medical aid at the
Sonarpur and the Baruipur railway station, they said.
One of the injured Shahnawaz Begum of Mallickpur area
of Baruipur said the compartment was filled with smoke after
the acid was hurled and she felt burning sensation on her
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them