10 women injured in acid attack on ladies compartment in train
Kolkata: Ten women were injured, two of
them seriously, when unidentified miscreants hurled acid on a
ladies compartment of a suburban train near here tonight,
As the down Sealdah-Baruipur local train was
proceeding towards the Dhakuria railway station around 7.35 pm
after passing Ballygunge railway station, acid was hurled at
the ladies compartment from the right side of the train,
Government Railway Police (GRP) officials said.
Sources in the Eastern Railway, however, said seven
women were injured.
Four of the injured, including the two seriously
injured women were rushed to the National Medical College
Hospital here for treatment, the sources said.
The other injured were given medical aid at the
Sonarpur and the Baruipur railway station, they said.
One of the injured Shahnawaz Begum of Mallickpur area
of Baruipur said the compartment was filled with smoke after
the acid was hurled and she felt burning sensation on her
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test