11 hurt in clash during school committee election
Burdwan: Eleven people including five policemen were injured when two rival groups clashed during election to the managing committee of a school at Ousgram in Burdwan district on Sunday, police sources said.
The two rival groups hurled low-intensity bombs at each other during the election to the managing committee of the Banonagar High School at Ousgram near Guskara, the sources said.
When the police rushed to the spot to bring the situation under control, they were also attacked in which five policemen including the SDPO Kazi Mohammed Hussain were injured, they said.
Six persons have been detained in this connection, the sources said, adding senior police officers have rushed to the spot with reinforcements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family