11 hurt in clash during school committee election
Burdwan: Eleven people including five policemen were injured when two rival groups clashed during election to the managing committee of a school at Ousgram in Burdwan district on Sunday, police sources said.
The two rival groups hurled low-intensity bombs at each other during the election to the managing committee of the Banonagar High School at Ousgram near Guskara, the sources said.
When the police rushed to the spot to bring the situation under control, they were also attacked in which five policemen including the SDPO Kazi Mohammed Hussain were injured, they said.
Six persons have been detained in this connection, the sources said, adding senior police officers have rushed to the spot with reinforcements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days