11 hurt in clash during school committee election
Burdwan: Eleven people including five policemen were injured when two rival groups clashed during election to the managing committee of a school at Ousgram in Burdwan district on Sunday, police sources said.
The two rival groups hurled low-intensity bombs at each other during the election to the managing committee of the Banonagar High School at Ousgram near Guskara, the sources said.
When the police rushed to the spot to bring the situation under control, they were also attacked in which five policemen including the SDPO Kazi Mohammed Hussain were injured, they said.
Six persons have been detained in this connection, the sources said, adding senior police officers have rushed to the spot with reinforcements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state