11 infants die in two days in Bengal hospital
Kolkata: At least 11 infants have died at the Malda Medical College Hospital in West Bengal`s Malda district since Oct 16, hospital authorities said Friday.
"In the last 24 hours, seven babies, all below one year of age, have died in the hospital, taking the toll to 11 since Wednesday (Oct 16) night," said Abdur Rashid, the hospital superintendent.
"Most of the babies were underweight, and were in critical condition," added Rashid.
The deaths include triplets born Wednesday night, who were also underweight.
Over 200 infants died in the same hospital last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa