11 infants die in two days in Bengal hospital
Kolkata: At least 11 infants have died at the Malda Medical College Hospital in West Bengal`s Malda district since Oct 16, hospital authorities said Friday.
"In the last 24 hours, seven babies, all below one year of age, have died in the hospital, taking the toll to 11 since Wednesday (Oct 16) night," said Abdur Rashid, the hospital superintendent.
"Most of the babies were underweight, and were in critical condition," added Rashid.
The deaths include triplets born Wednesday night, who were also underweight.
Over 200 infants died in the same hospital last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth