11 infants die in two days in Bengal hospital
Kolkata: At least 11 infants have died at the Malda Medical College Hospital in West Bengal`s Malda district since Oct 16, hospital authorities said Friday.
"In the last 24 hours, seven babies, all below one year of age, have died in the hospital, taking the toll to 11 since Wednesday (Oct 16) night," said Abdur Rashid, the hospital superintendent.
"Most of the babies were underweight, and were in critical condition," added Rashid.
The deaths include triplets born Wednesday night, who were also underweight.
Over 200 infants died in the same hospital last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living