12 infants die at Jangipur hospital in 2 days
Behrampore: With the death of one more infant this morning, a total of 12 infants have died at Jangipur Sub-Divisional Hospital in Murshidabad district in the last two days, health officials said on Saturday.
The children, aged between 5-6 days to six months, were malnourished and admitted with respiratory problem to the hospital, doctors said.
One baby died this morning and eleven others died earlier, they said adding, severe malnutrition breathing trouble were stated to be the cause of the deaths.
A high-level team of doctors, paediatricians and administrative officials from the district headquarters have visited the hospital today.
Local MP and President Pranab Mukherjee`s son Abhijit Mukherjee said he had asked the administration to take up the issue with the highest level of West Bengal government and provide health facilities at the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez