12 Kolkata Police personnel suspended for indiscipline
Kolkata: Twelve personnel of Kolkata Police have been suspended for indiscipline after they refused to do election duty during the ongoing panchayat polls in West Bengal, a senior police official said on Thursday.
"We have suspended twelve Kolkata Police personnel, all of them constables, for gross indiscipline. They had declined to perform election duty during the panchayat polls, citing many problems. So they were called back to Kolkata and suspended yesterday night," Joint CP (headquarters) Jawed Shamim told.
A huge police contingent from various sections of Kolkata Police have been deployed for the five-phase panchayat polls across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand