12 Kolkata Police personnel suspended for indiscipline
Kolkata: Twelve personnel of Kolkata Police have been suspended for indiscipline after they refused to do election duty during the ongoing panchayat polls in West Bengal, a senior police official said on Thursday.
"We have suspended twelve Kolkata Police personnel, all of them constables, for gross indiscipline. They had declined to perform election duty during the panchayat polls, citing many problems. So they were called back to Kolkata and suspended yesterday night," Joint CP (headquarters) Jawed Shamim told.
A huge police contingent from various sections of Kolkata Police have been deployed for the five-phase panchayat polls across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India