12 Kolkata Police personnel suspended for indiscipline
Kolkata: Twelve personnel of Kolkata Police have been suspended for indiscipline after they refused to do election duty during the ongoing panchayat polls in West Bengal, a senior police official said on Thursday.
"We have suspended twelve Kolkata Police personnel, all of them constables, for gross indiscipline. They had declined to perform election duty during the panchayat polls, citing many problems. So they were called back to Kolkata and suspended yesterday night," Joint CP (headquarters) Jawed Shamim told.
A huge police contingent from various sections of Kolkata Police have been deployed for the five-phase panchayat polls across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman