12 Kolkata Police personnel suspended for indiscipline
Kolkata: Twelve personnel of Kolkata Police have been suspended for indiscipline after they refused to do election duty during the ongoing panchayat polls in West Bengal, a senior police official said on Thursday.
"We have suspended twelve Kolkata Police personnel, all of them constables, for gross indiscipline. They had declined to perform election duty during the panchayat polls, citing many problems. So they were called back to Kolkata and suspended yesterday night," Joint CP (headquarters) Jawed Shamim told.
A huge police contingent from various sections of Kolkata Police have been deployed for the five-phase panchayat polls across the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference