12 Kolkata Police personnel suspended for indiscipline
Kolkata: Twelve personnel of Kolkata Police have been suspended for indiscipline after they refused to do election duty during the ongoing panchayat polls in West Bengal, a senior police official said on Thursday.
"We have suspended twelve Kolkata Police personnel, all of them constables, for gross indiscipline. They had declined to perform election duty during the panchayat polls, citing many problems. So they were called back to Kolkata and suspended yesterday night," Joint CP (headquarters) Jawed Shamim told.
A huge police contingent from various sections of Kolkata Police have been deployed for the five-phase panchayat polls across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video