13 crib deaths in Malda hospital in West Bengal
Malda: A total of 13 crib deaths have taken place in Malda Medical College and Hospital in the past 72 hours with one infant succumbing till evening on Monday.
Hospital superintendent cum Medical College vice-principal MA Rashid told PTI that all the infants had low birth weight and respiratory problems.
While seven infants died on Saturday, five succumbed yesterday.
In order to deal with the situation, more sisters have been put on duty in neonatal, paediatrics and sick new-born critical care unit, Rashid said. Besides, 14 doctors have been posted in the three wards and would work for extended hours.
The hospital, he said, has requested the state government to post more doctors.
The government hospital had been in the news for the death of 23 infants due to an unspecified illness in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY