14-days judicial custody for Sudipta Sen
Raiganj: Sudipta Sen, chairman of the bust Saradha Group that left thousands defrauded was on Friday remanded to 14-days judicial custody by a local court here.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Sabyasachi Chottoraj remanded Sen to 14-days judicial custody.
A case was lodged against Sen by Rajiv Pal an agent of Saradha group here on April 20, 2013 alleging that the company failed to pay its policy holders the money on maturity.
Sen who fled from his home at Kolkata after his company wound up was arrested on April 23 from Sonmarg in Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- With Isak Swu gone, Naga peace accord won't be easy
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets