14 killed, 38 injured in road mishap
Bikaner/Jaipur: Fourteen persons, including two women, were killed and 38 others injured when a bus collided head-on with a truck in Churu district in Rajasthan in the wee hours Wednesday.
"The private bus was on its way to Karanpur town in SriGanganagar district when it collided head-on with a truck on a mega highway near Sardarshahar in the wee hours," Churu SP Omprakash said.
The impact of the collision was so high that both the vehicles were badly mangled. Several passengers were stuck in the bus and they were rescued with the help of the local villagers, he said.
Eleven passengers of the bus and two occupants of the truck were killed in the mishap.
The deceased were identified as Gurtej Singh, Sukhdev Singh, Sukhpal, Sonu, Prahalad, Vimla, Babu Singh, Hanumanaram, Sita Devi, Hansraj, Gajanand, Hari Singh, Sucha Singh and Bablu, he said.
Condition of six passengers out of the the 38 injured is said to be critical and they are being treated at the Bikaner and Sikar hospitals, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam