14 killed, 38 injured in road mishap
Bikaner/Jaipur: Fourteen persons, including two women, were killed and 38 others injured when a bus collided head-on with a truck in Churu district in Rajasthan in the wee hours Wednesday.
"The private bus was on its way to Karanpur town in SriGanganagar district when it collided head-on with a truck on a mega highway near Sardarshahar in the wee hours," Churu SP Omprakash said.
The impact of the collision was so high that both the vehicles were badly mangled. Several passengers were stuck in the bus and they were rescued with the help of the local villagers, he said.
Eleven passengers of the bus and two occupants of the truck were killed in the mishap.
The deceased were identified as Gurtej Singh, Sukhdev Singh, Sukhpal, Sonu, Prahalad, Vimla, Babu Singh, Hanumanaram, Sita Devi, Hansraj, Gajanand, Hari Singh, Sucha Singh and Bablu, he said.
Condition of six passengers out of the the 38 injured is said to be critical and they are being treated at the Bikaner and Sikar hospitals, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal