14 killed, 38 injured in road mishap
Bikaner/Jaipur: Fourteen persons, including two women, were killed and 38 others injured when a bus collided head-on with a truck in Churu district in Rajasthan in the wee hours Wednesday.
"The private bus was on its way to Karanpur town in SriGanganagar district when it collided head-on with a truck on a mega highway near Sardarshahar in the wee hours," Churu SP Omprakash said.
The impact of the collision was so high that both the vehicles were badly mangled. Several passengers were stuck in the bus and they were rescued with the help of the local villagers, he said.
Eleven passengers of the bus and two occupants of the truck were killed in the mishap.
The deceased were identified as Gurtej Singh, Sukhdev Singh, Sukhpal, Sonu, Prahalad, Vimla, Babu Singh, Hanumanaram, Sita Devi, Hansraj, Gajanand, Hari Singh, Sucha Singh and Bablu, he said.
Condition of six passengers out of the the 38 injured is said to be critical and they are being treated at the Bikaner and Sikar hospitals, he said.
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions