1.5 kg gold jewellery robbed, recovered
Kolkata (WB): Dacoits robbed gold jewellery weighing 1.5 kg valued at about Rs 45 lakh from a shop in Baranagar area in northern fringe of the city but the entire booty was recovered quickly as one of the robbers got caught by local people, the police said.
Seven robbers came in a taxi and looted the shop at gun point, but when they were fleeing, one of them was caught by local people.
All the stolen items were recovered from him.
The police were trying to arrest the others, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail