15 policemen injured in clash
Malda: At least 15 policemen including
a Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO), were injured when they
were attacked by locals in Malda district, a senior police
officer said today.
A team, led by the SDPO of Chanchol, went to Sagharia
village last night to arrest some miscreants but were attacked
by the villagers protesting the police action, Inspector
General of Police (North Bengal) K M Tamta told PTI.
The police fired in self-defence, the IGP said adding no
one was injured in the firing.
Seven persons have been arrested for attacking the
policemen, Tamta said adding senior police officers including
the Superintendent of Police are camping in the area.
The locals, however alleged three persons were injured in
the police firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan