15 policemen injured in clash
Malda: At least 15 policemen including
a Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO), were injured when they
were attacked by locals in Malda district, a senior police
officer said today.
A team, led by the SDPO of Chanchol, went to Sagharia
village last night to arrest some miscreants but were attacked
by the villagers protesting the police action, Inspector
General of Police (North Bengal) K M Tamta told PTI.
The police fired in self-defence, the IGP said adding no
one was injured in the firing.
Seven persons have been arrested for attacking the
policemen, Tamta said adding senior police officers including
the Superintendent of Police are camping in the area.
The locals, however alleged three persons were injured in
the police firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj