150 shops and houses torched in Howrah
Howrah: Nearly 150 shops and houses
were on Sunday torched by two groups belonging to different
communities in a mixed locality at Manikpir of Howrah district
in West Bengal.
The two groups, initially, clashed over a local
dispute and then set ablaze the buildings, police said, adding
twelve persons were arrested.
Police, however, declined to name the communities
involved in the violence.
Seven fire engines took two hours to control the fire.
Rapid Rapid Action Force (RAF) was patrolling the area where
the district administration has clamped prohibitory orders
under Section 144 CrPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today