150 shops and houses torched in Howrah
Howrah: Nearly 150 shops and houses
were on Sunday torched by two groups belonging to different
communities in a mixed locality at Manikpir of Howrah district
in West Bengal.
The two groups, initially, clashed over a local
dispute and then set ablaze the buildings, police said, adding
twelve persons were arrested.
Police, however, declined to name the communities
involved in the violence.
Seven fire engines took two hours to control the fire.
Rapid Rapid Action Force (RAF) was patrolling the area where
the district administration has clamped prohibitory orders
under Section 144 CrPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama
- Tunisian parliament approves national united government
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- North Korea submarine missiles not ready until 2018: Experts