17 injured in CPI(M)-Congress clash in West Bengal
Baharampore: Seventeen people were injured, three of them seriously when supporters of the CPI(M) and Congress clashed with bombs and firearms at Islampur village in Murshidabad district on Tuesday, police said.
The supporters of CPI(M) and Congress clashed at Islampur village under Domkol sub-division while campaigning for the panchayat polls.
They hurled bombs at each other and also used firearms, Superintendent of Police of Murshidabad Humayun Kabir said.
The injured have been admitted to Murshidabad Medical College Hospital, the sources said, adding, condition of three of the injured was serious.
Eight persons have been arrested in this connection, the SP said, adding, police reinforcements have been rushed as there was tension in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145