17 injured in CPI(M)-Congress clash in West Bengal
Baharampore: Seventeen people were injured, three of them seriously when supporters of the CPI(M) and Congress clashed with bombs and firearms at Islampur village in Murshidabad district on Tuesday, police said.
The supporters of CPI(M) and Congress clashed at Islampur village under Domkol sub-division while campaigning for the panchayat polls.
They hurled bombs at each other and also used firearms, Superintendent of Police of Murshidabad Humayun Kabir said.
The injured have been admitted to Murshidabad Medical College Hospital, the sources said, adding, condition of three of the injured was serious.
Eight persons have been arrested in this connection, the SP said, adding, police reinforcements have been rushed as there was tension in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory