18 Kg RDX, firearms recovered from West Bengal forest
Kolkata: The West Bengal police have recovered a huge cache of arms in the state’s Bankura forest. The discovery of arms was made ahead of bypolls to 10 assembly seats on Saturday.
Police sources said 18 Kg of RDX, three rocket launchers, two pistols, and one landmine were recovered from the forest area.
The state has been put on high alert post the discovery. So far, the police have not made any arrests.
Police didn’t say whether the firearms were meant for Naxals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez