18 Kg RDX, firearms recovered from West Bengal forest
Kolkata: The West Bengal police have recovered a huge cache of arms in the state’s Bankura forest. The discovery of arms was made ahead of bypolls to 10 assembly seats on Saturday.
Police sources said 18 Kg of RDX, three rocket launchers, two pistols, and one landmine were recovered from the forest area.
The state has been put on high alert post the discovery. So far, the police have not made any arrests.
Police didn’t say whether the firearms were meant for Naxals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof