1st encounter after Kishenji`s death in junglemaha
Midnapore: For the first time since
the death of top ultra leader Kishenji in November in
junglemahal, an armed encounter took place between the Maoists
and joint security forces in West Midnapore district on Friday,
but there was no casualty.
The forces on a tip off that Maoist squad leader Robin
Mandi was holding a meeting of cadres in at Jhauri forest
under Gopiballabhpur police station surrounded the area,
police sources said.
The ultras opened fire on the security forces who
retaliated and the encounter continued for an hour, the
There was no casualty, the sources said.
After the firing stopped, the police combed the area
and found a .303 rifle, several landmines and crude bombs,
the sources said.
The police had on January 21 foiled a Maoist plan to
attack the IAF`s Kalaikunda airbase to avenge the death of
The plot was discovered following the arrest of six
linkmen on the basis of a statement of a Maoist sympathiser
nabbed from Indravati forest in the district 12 days earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return