2 constables suspended for allegedly beating a boy in WB
Suri (WB): A boy was allegedly beaten up by two police constables at Md Bazaar area of Birbhum district, police sources said on Tuesday.
The boy a class X student who will appear in his Madhyamik (class X) examination this year was returning from a private tuition last night along with two other friends when suddenly a police vehicle stopped and some constables got down from the vehicle and started beating him, Rakshkar Ghosal, father of the boy alleged in his complaint to the police.
The boy has been admitted to Suri hospital. According to hospital sources the boy has been kept under observation.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police Murlidhar said "two constables were suspended following an interim inquiry done by a senior officer."
"I have ordered an investigation into the matter in detail," the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29