2-kg bomb found from bus in Alipurduar
Alipurduar: A two-kg bomb, fitted with a timer device, was found from a bus at Alipurduar in Jalpaiguri district, officials said.
Following a tip off, police personnel intercepted the bus near Samuktala and asked the passengers to get down. On thorough search the explosive was found under a seat in an unclaimed bag last mid night, a police officer said.
The passenger, who had occupied the seat, was arrested and the driver and helper of the bus, which was plying on Alipurduar-Samuktala route, were detained for interrogation by the police.
Police were investigating if the explosive was meant for any militant group.
The area is not very far from Bhutan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...