2-kg bomb found from bus in Alipurduar
Alipurduar: A two-kg bomb, fitted with a timer device, was found from a bus at Alipurduar in Jalpaiguri district, officials said.
Following a tip off, police personnel intercepted the bus near Samuktala and asked the passengers to get down. On thorough search the explosive was found under a seat in an unclaimed bag last mid night, a police officer said.
The passenger, who had occupied the seat, was arrested and the driver and helper of the bus, which was plying on Alipurduar-Samuktala route, were detained for interrogation by the police.
Police were investigating if the explosive was meant for any militant group.
The area is not very far from Bhutan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH