2 top Maoist leaders arrested in Purulia
Purulia: Two top naxal commanders
along with three others wanted in several cases of murder,
sedition and arson, were today arrested by security forces in
The five including `area commander` Ananda Kumar alias
Nanda alias Nakul and `zonal commander` Bhabataran Mahto alias
Tiger, were produced in court and have been remanded to 10
days police custody, Purulia SP Rajsekhar Yadav said.
Acting on a tip-off, the CRPF and its specialised
Special Action Force (SAF) apprehended them from the Ajodhya
hill area of the district. The three others were identified as
Manas Ram and Uma Shankar Mahato and Gobardhan.
Mahato and Gobardhan were active members of the local
Jan Militia, a senior CRPF officer said.
A pistol, black flags, posters and some Maoist
literature were also recovered from their possession, Yadav
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory