2 top Maoist leaders arrested in Purulia
Purulia: Two top naxal commanders
along with three others wanted in several cases of murder,
sedition and arson, were today arrested by security forces in
The five including `area commander` Ananda Kumar alias
Nanda alias Nakul and `zonal commander` Bhabataran Mahto alias
Tiger, were produced in court and have been remanded to 10
days police custody, Purulia SP Rajsekhar Yadav said.
Acting on a tip-off, the CRPF and its specialised
Special Action Force (SAF) apprehended them from the Ajodhya
hill area of the district. The three others were identified as
Manas Ram and Uma Shankar Mahato and Gobardhan.
Mahato and Gobardhan were active members of the local
Jan Militia, a senior CRPF officer said.
A pistol, black flags, posters and some Maoist
literature were also recovered from their possession, Yadav
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam