2 top Maoist leaders arrested in Purulia
Purulia: Two top naxal commanders
along with three others wanted in several cases of murder,
sedition and arson, were today arrested by security forces in
The five including `area commander` Ananda Kumar alias
Nanda alias Nakul and `zonal commander` Bhabataran Mahto alias
Tiger, were produced in court and have been remanded to 10
days police custody, Purulia SP Rajsekhar Yadav said.
Acting on a tip-off, the CRPF and its specialised
Special Action Force (SAF) apprehended them from the Ajodhya
hill area of the district. The three others were identified as
Manas Ram and Uma Shankar Mahato and Gobardhan.
Mahato and Gobardhan were active members of the local
Jan Militia, a senior CRPF officer said.
A pistol, black flags, posters and some Maoist
literature were also recovered from their possession, Yadav
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune