20 infant deaths in last three days in Bengal hospital: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Malda: At least 20 infants have reportedly died in the last three days in a government hospital in West Bengal`s Malda district.
Out of the 20 infant deaths, at least 10 of these infants have reportedly died in the last 24 hours in Malda Medical College Hospital.
Parents have blamed shortage of staff, negligence and non-functional medical instruments as the reason behind the infant deaths, as per a news report.
However, the hospital staff have reportedly denied the allegations and said that the infants were born in villages near Malda and were in a critical condition at the time of being admitted to the hospital.
The deaths include triplets born Wednesday night, who were also underweight.
Over 200 infants died in the same hospital last year.
(with IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi