20 infant deaths in last three days in Bengal hospital: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Malda: At least 20 infants have reportedly died in the last three days in a government hospital in West Bengal`s Malda district.
Out of the 20 infant deaths, at least 10 of these infants have reportedly died in the last 24 hours in Malda Medical College Hospital.
Parents have blamed shortage of staff, negligence and non-functional medical instruments as the reason behind the infant deaths, as per a news report.
However, the hospital staff have reportedly denied the allegations and said that the infants were born in villages near Malda and were in a critical condition at the time of being admitted to the hospital.
The deaths include triplets born Wednesday night, who were also underweight.
Over 200 infants died in the same hospital last year.
(with IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi