20 infant deaths in last three days in Bengal hospital: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Malda: At least 20 infants have reportedly died in the last three days in a government hospital in West Bengal`s Malda district.
Out of the 20 infant deaths, at least 10 of these infants have reportedly died in the last 24 hours in Malda Medical College Hospital.
Parents have blamed shortage of staff, negligence and non-functional medical instruments as the reason behind the infant deaths, as per a news report.
However, the hospital staff have reportedly denied the allegations and said that the infants were born in villages near Malda and were in a critical condition at the time of being admitted to the hospital.
The deaths include triplets born Wednesday night, who were also underweight.
Over 200 infants died in the same hospital last year.
(with IANS Inputs)
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Windows 10 gets new Facebook, Messenger apps
- Digvijay Singh's youngest daughter succumbs to cancer
- World Bank is looking ways to use Aadhar experience'
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened