20 infant deaths in last three days in Bengal hospital: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Malda: At least 20 infants have reportedly died in the last three days in a government hospital in West Bengal`s Malda district.
Out of the 20 infant deaths, at least 10 of these infants have reportedly died in the last 24 hours in Malda Medical College Hospital.
Parents have blamed shortage of staff, negligence and non-functional medical instruments as the reason behind the infant deaths, as per a news report.
However, the hospital staff have reportedly denied the allegations and said that the infants were born in villages near Malda and were in a critical condition at the time of being admitted to the hospital.
The deaths include triplets born Wednesday night, who were also underweight.
Over 200 infants died in the same hospital last year.
(with IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them