20 infant deaths in last three days in Bengal hospital: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Malda: At least 20 infants have reportedly died in the last three days in a government hospital in West Bengal`s Malda district.
Out of the 20 infant deaths, at least 10 of these infants have reportedly died in the last 24 hours in Malda Medical College Hospital.
Parents have blamed shortage of staff, negligence and non-functional medical instruments as the reason behind the infant deaths, as per a news report.
However, the hospital staff have reportedly denied the allegations and said that the infants were born in villages near Malda and were in a critical condition at the time of being admitted to the hospital.
The deaths include triplets born Wednesday night, who were also underweight.
Over 200 infants died in the same hospital last year.
(with IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief Elangovan quits
- Irish unity vote for later, not now: Foreign minister
- Want to send your own experiments into space? This tiny satellite will help you!- Watch
- Euro 2016: Poland beat Switzerland in a nail-biting penalty shoot out
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom