2000 app received from unwilling Singur farmers
Hooghly: The government all-together
received 2627 applications from unwilling farmers, who gave up
land for Tata Motors Nano Project, on the last day on Friday of
the month-long process for compensatory land allotment,
After the West Bengal government passed the Singur
Land Rehabilitation and Development Act 2011 acquiring the
land from Tata Motors, the Hooghly district administration had
asked unwilling land-owners to submit applications detailing
the amount of their land acquired, in order to allot
compensatory land to them.
The district administration was scrutinising the
applications received, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies
- 'Potassium bromate not allowed as additive in packaged water'
- Govt should put evidence before court: Chidambaram on Karti