2014 LS polls: Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee calls for consolidation of Left forces
Kolkata: Former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today called upon CPI(M) activists to initiate concerted efforts to strengthen the Left movement, both organisationally and politically to increase the strength of Left parties in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"We should embark on a continuous movement against anti- people policies of Trinamool Congress-ruled state government to bring in a balance in the state`s politics by strengthening our organisation and consolidating mass resentment against the state government," he said.
The CPI(M) Politburo member was speaking at the conclusion of the two-day meeting of the party`s state committee here.
"We need to motivate and encourage people to build a movement against state-sponsored terrorism by organising workers of unorganised sector, besides strengthening our activities among the peasantry," he said.
Calling upon activists to strengthen the party organisation, Bhattacharjee said, "We must move ahead with patience to organise people and consolidate their protest against the state government`s anti-people activities."
Speaking on the occasion, CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose expressed concern over the way Trinamool Congress was "capturing" panchayats and civic bodies, even those where they were not elected, by hook or crook.
Stressing on the need to prevent this "dangerous trend in state politics", Bose said the party must carry forward its movement against capture of elected bodies by force or threat.
Price rise, deprivation of farmers from right price of their produce, absence of proper social security among workers in the unorganised sector and insecurity of depositors affected in the chit fund scam had taken away people`s democratic rights, he said.
"We have to restore these democratic rights through our movement and save people from the humiliation by the state government," Bose added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar's daughter in trauma after BSP workers abuse her
- Samsung hits back at China's Huawei with patent suit
- India ranks 110th on Sustainable Development index