21 arrested for protests near Modi`s hotel
Kolkata: A total 21 people, mostly belonging to Maoist groups, were arrested from near the hotel where visiting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had an interaction with industrialists during the day.
The demonstrators waved black flags and placards with slogans `Go back Modi` and staged a noisy demonstration in front of the five star hotel in the central business district.
They shouted slogans against Modi saying he was an `agent of communal forces` and he has `no right to come to Kolkata`.
``The arrested included three women and they belonged mostly to naxalite student organisations, besides United Students Democratic Front and All India Students Federation student wings,`` police said.
Security was tight in and around the hotel and Modi`s interaction with industrialists passed off peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city