21 arrested for protests near Modi`s hotel
Kolkata: A total 21 people, mostly belonging to Maoist groups, were arrested from near the hotel where visiting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had an interaction with industrialists during the day.
The demonstrators waved black flags and placards with slogans `Go back Modi` and staged a noisy demonstration in front of the five star hotel in the central business district.
They shouted slogans against Modi saying he was an `agent of communal forces` and he has `no right to come to Kolkata`.
``The arrested included three women and they belonged mostly to naxalite student organisations, besides United Students Democratic Front and All India Students Federation student wings,`` police said.
Security was tight in and around the hotel and Modi`s interaction with industrialists passed off peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport