27 injured in GJM-GNLF clash
Darjeeling: At least 27 persons were injured in a clash between supporters of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha and Gorkha National Liberation Front at Kurseong in Darjeeling Hills on Monday afternoon.
Police said the clashes broke out between Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) and Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) apparently over control of Garidura under Kurseong sub-division as the armed supporters attacked each other.
The injured were taken to local hospital.
Police reinforcements were sent to the spot as tension escalated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Ruias plan to sell another 25% stake in Essar Oil
- Microsoft CEO Nadella's debut book to come out in 2017
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- Delhi Court frees Ex-DUSU President on a 2004 complaint by professor
- Daddy's girl! Bipasha Basu showers birthday wishes on papa dearest! – View pic