27 injured in GJM-GNLF clash
Darjeeling: At least 27 persons were injured in a clash between supporters of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha and Gorkha National Liberation Front at Kurseong in Darjeeling Hills on Monday afternoon.
Police said the clashes broke out between Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) and Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) apparently over control of Garidura under Kurseong sub-division as the armed supporters attacked each other.
The injured were taken to local hospital.
Police reinforcements were sent to the spot as tension escalated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi