27 injured in GJM-GNLF clash
Darjeeling: At least 27 persons were injured in a clash between supporters of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha and Gorkha National Liberation Front at Kurseong in Darjeeling Hills this afternoon.
Police said the clashes broke out between Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) and Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) apparently over control of Garidura under Kurseong sub-division as the armed supporters attacked each other.
The injured were taken to local hospital.
Police reinforcements were sent to the spot as tension escalated.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference