27 injured in GJM-GNLF clash
Darjeeling: At least 27 persons were injured in a clash between supporters of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha and Gorkha National Liberation Front at Kurseong in Darjeeling Hills this afternoon.
Police said the clashes broke out between Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) and Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) apparently over control of Garidura under Kurseong sub-division as the armed supporters attacked each other.
The injured were taken to local hospital.
Police reinforcements were sent to the spot as tension escalated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons