27 injured in GJM-GNLF clash
Darjeeling: At least 27 persons were injured in a clash between supporters of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha and Gorkha National Liberation Front at Kurseong in Darjeeling Hills this afternoon.
Police said the clashes broke out between Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) and Gorkha National Liberation Front (GNLF) apparently over control of Garidura under Kurseong sub-division as the armed supporters attacked each other.
The injured were taken to local hospital.
Police reinforcements were sent to the spot as tension escalated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok