29 Bangladeshis apprehended on border
Kolkata: The BSF has apprehended 29 Bangladeshi nationals, who were allegedly trying to infiltrate into the country.
Troops of 96th battalion of the force deployed at border outpost Balupara, South Dinajpur apprehended the Bangladeshis while they were trying to infiltrate into India from Bangladesh yesterday evening, a senior BSF officer said.
During preliminary questioning, the apprehended persons said they wanted to come to India for work. They were later handed over to local administrative authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram