29 Bangladeshis apprehended on border
Kolkata: The BSF has apprehended 29 Bangladeshi nationals, who were allegedly trying to infiltrate into the country.
Troops of 96th battalion of the force deployed at border outpost Balupara, South Dinajpur apprehended the Bangladeshis while they were trying to infiltrate into India from Bangladesh yesterday evening, a senior BSF officer said.
During preliminary questioning, the apprehended persons said they wanted to come to India for work. They were later handed over to local administrative authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'