3 DVC personnel injured in stone-pelting in WB
Purulia (WB): Three personnel of the Damodar Valley Corporation were injured when a group allegedly pelted stones at them near a plant at Raghunathpur in Purulia district on Monday afternoon.
Police sources confirmed that a complaint was lodged by one injured DVC employee that he and two DVC engineers suffered gashes after being hit by stones by some aggrieved locals.
The complainant named five persons, part of the group, who had pelted stones, the sources said.
A section of local people said the group comprised of aggrieved land givers who demanded higher compensation for the Raghunathpur plant coming up on their tracts.
The DVC authorities were not available for comment when contacted from Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon
- 262 new faunal species discovered in India in 2015: Official
- No friction between Army, CRPF over Pampore operations: Northern Command
- Pakistan cannot 'conquer' Kashmir through war: Hina Rabbani Khar