3 DVC personnel injured in stone-pelting in WB
Purulia (WB): Three personnel of the Damodar Valley Corporation were injured when a group allegedly pelted stones at them near a plant at Raghunathpur in Purulia district on Monday afternoon.
Police sources confirmed that a complaint was lodged by one injured DVC employee that he and two DVC engineers suffered gashes after being hit by stones by some aggrieved locals.
The complainant named five persons, part of the group, who had pelted stones, the sources said.
A section of local people said the group comprised of aggrieved land givers who demanded higher compensation for the Raghunathpur plant coming up on their tracts.
The DVC authorities were not available for comment when contacted from Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan