3 DVC personnel injured in stone-pelting in WB
Purulia (WB): Three personnel of the Damodar Valley Corporation were injured when a group allegedly pelted stones at them near a plant at Raghunathpur in Purulia district on Monday afternoon.
Police sources confirmed that a complaint was lodged by one injured DVC employee that he and two DVC engineers suffered gashes after being hit by stones by some aggrieved locals.
The complainant named five persons, part of the group, who had pelted stones, the sources said.
A section of local people said the group comprised of aggrieved land givers who demanded higher compensation for the Raghunathpur plant coming up on their tracts.
The DVC authorities were not available for comment when contacted from Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you