3 DVC personnel injured in stone-pelting in WB
Purulia (WB): Three personnel of the Damodar Valley Corporation were injured when a group allegedly pelted stones at them near a plant at Raghunathpur in Purulia district on Monday afternoon.
Police sources confirmed that a complaint was lodged by one injured DVC employee that he and two DVC engineers suffered gashes after being hit by stones by some aggrieved locals.
The complainant named five persons, part of the group, who had pelted stones, the sources said.
A section of local people said the group comprised of aggrieved land givers who demanded higher compensation for the Raghunathpur plant coming up on their tracts.
The DVC authorities were not available for comment when contacted from Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Muttiah Muralitharan: Sri Lanka cricket files complaint against former off-spinner for insulting team manager
- SC allows Mumbai rape survivor to terminate 24-week-old abnormal foetus
- Rs 2,237-crore revenue generated from 74 coal mines: Govt
- 'Indian digital payments market to reach $500 bn by 2020'