3 more infant deaths at Malda Hospital
Malda (WB): Three more children died at
Malda Sadar Hospital on Saturday taking the number of crib deaths in
the state-run facility to nine in past two days.
While three children died in the hospital today, six
other deaths occurred during Thursday-Friday, acting
Superintendent Dr R R Samanta said, adding that most of them
were new-born babies.
Most of the deaths were caused by respiratory difficulty
induced by cold with many babies referred from far-flung areas
in serious condition, the official said.
The hospital authorities have taken measures including to
have a warmer on 24-hr basis at the neo-natal unit.
Twenty six babies had died in this hospital in a period
of six days from November 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police