3 more infant deaths at Malda Hospital
Malda (WB): Three more children died at
Malda Sadar Hospital on Saturday taking the number of crib deaths in
the state-run facility to nine in past two days.
While three children died in the hospital today, six
other deaths occurred during Thursday-Friday, acting
Superintendent Dr R R Samanta said, adding that most of them
were new-born babies.
Most of the deaths were caused by respiratory difficulty
induced by cold with many babies referred from far-flung areas
in serious condition, the official said.
The hospital authorities have taken measures including to
have a warmer on 24-hr basis at the neo-natal unit.
Twenty six babies had died in this hospital in a period
of six days from November 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?