3 more infant deaths at Malda Hospital
Malda (WB): Three more children died at
Malda Sadar Hospital on Saturday taking the number of crib deaths in
the state-run facility to nine in past two days.
While three children died in the hospital today, six
other deaths occurred during Thursday-Friday, acting
Superintendent Dr R R Samanta said, adding that most of them
were new-born babies.
Most of the deaths were caused by respiratory difficulty
induced by cold with many babies referred from far-flung areas
in serious condition, the official said.
The hospital authorities have taken measures including to
have a warmer on 24-hr basis at the neo-natal unit.
Twenty six babies had died in this hospital in a period
of six days from November 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?