5 children die in Burdwan medical college in WB
Burdwan (WB): Five children on Friday died at Burdwan Medical College and Hospital due to health complications.
"These children were referred from various hospitals in Jharkhand, nearby districts and villages. The babies were underweight and in critical condition when they were admitted to the hospital," Hospital Superintendent Dr Asit Baran Samanta told reporters.
Dr Samanta said 210 children have been admitted in the hospital with a capacity of 60 beds.
"Thirty more beds are being arranged to cope with the rush," Dr Samanta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?