5 cops injured during raid to nab suspected heroin smuggler
Barasat: Five policemen were injured and two vehicles got damaged when some miscreants attacked the force which went to pick up a suspected heroin smuggler at Jagaddal in North 24 Parganas district on Sunday.
As the police personnel went to the area this evening to pick up one Raju Tiwary, accused of being involved in a heroin smuggling racket, some of his accomplices attacked the force with bombs and brickbats, they said.
Five personnel were injured and two police vehicles got damaged in the incident, they said.
However, later police lathicharged the gang members and managed to take Tiwary, accused in many cases, to the police station.
About 200 gm of the contraband was recovered from the accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!