5 cops injured during raid to nab suspected heroin smuggler
Barasat: Five policemen were injured and two vehicles got damaged when some miscreants attacked the force which went to pick up a suspected heroin smuggler at Jagaddal in North 24 Parganas district on Sunday.
As the police personnel went to the area this evening to pick up one Raju Tiwary, accused of being involved in a heroin smuggling racket, some of his accomplices attacked the force with bombs and brickbats, they said.
Five personnel were injured and two police vehicles got damaged in the incident, they said.
However, later police lathicharged the gang members and managed to take Tiwary, accused in many cases, to the police station.
About 200 gm of the contraband was recovered from the accused, police added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class