5 cops injured during raid to nab suspected heroin smuggler
Barasat: Five policemen were injured and two vehicles got damaged when some miscreants attacked the force which went to pick up a suspected heroin smuggler at Jagaddal in North 24 Parganas district on Sunday.
As the police personnel went to the area this evening to pick up one Raju Tiwary, accused of being involved in a heroin smuggling racket, some of his accomplices attacked the force with bombs and brickbats, they said.
Five personnel were injured and two police vehicles got damaged in the incident, they said.
However, later police lathicharged the gang members and managed to take Tiwary, accused in many cases, to the police station.
About 200 gm of the contraband was recovered from the accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA