5 cops injured during raid to nab suspected heroin smuggler
Barasat: Five policemen were injured and two vehicles got damaged when some miscreants attacked the force which went to pick up a suspected heroin smuggler at Jagaddal in North 24 Parganas district on Sunday.
As the police personnel went to the area this evening to pick up one Raju Tiwary, accused of being involved in a heroin smuggling racket, some of his accomplices attacked the force with bombs and brickbats, they said.
Five personnel were injured and two police vehicles got damaged in the incident, they said.
However, later police lathicharged the gang members and managed to take Tiwary, accused in many cases, to the police station.
About 200 gm of the contraband was recovered from the accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price