5 cops injured during raid to nab suspected heroin smuggler
Barasat: Five policemen were injured and two vehicles got damaged when some miscreants attacked the force which went to pick up a suspected heroin smuggler at Jagaddal in North 24 Parganas district on Sunday.
As the police personnel went to the area this evening to pick up one Raju Tiwary, accused of being involved in a heroin smuggling racket, some of his accomplices attacked the force with bombs and brickbats, they said.
Five personnel were injured and two police vehicles got damaged in the incident, they said.
However, later police lathicharged the gang members and managed to take Tiwary, accused in many cases, to the police station.
About 200 gm of the contraband was recovered from the accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested