5 women molested and kidnapped, 25 injured in TMC clash
Burdwan: Five women were allegedly molested and kidnapped while 25 people left injured after a clash between two warring factions of the Trinamool Congress in Burdwan district, police said.
The clash in which bombs and brickbats were hurled happened at Galsi block 1 area over Panchayat Samiti election between two groups of Trinamool activists.
One was led by Paresh Pal and another had Janardhan Chatterjee, both local party leaders.
Burdwan SP Syed MH Mirza said they have detained 25 people in connection with the clash and the situation is now under control.
Chatterjee alleged that five women from his side were molested and even kidnapped by the other group.
Police is trying to trace the women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends