50 years for CPI-M if they win Bengal again: Lalu Prasad
Kolkata: Taking a dig at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s rule, RJD chief Lalu Prasad Friday said if the CPI-M returns to power in the state, it will continue for the next 50 years.
"I don`t take much interest in West Bengal, but from whatever I know, if the CPI-M (Communist Party of India-Marxist) comes to power here,they will continue sitting for the next 50 years," the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief told media persons here.
"There are over a dozen leaders who all want to be prime ministers... there is also Didiji (Banerjee). Didi? You all understand, I hope?" said Lalu Prasad with a chuckle.
He was also critical of the Banerjee government, saying that crimes against women including rape were regularly happening.
"Like other states, rapes and atrocities against women are happening here also. The government needs to take action. Those who commit crime against women should always be punished," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users