50 years for CPI-M if they win Bengal again: Lalu Prasad
Kolkata: Taking a dig at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s rule, RJD chief Lalu Prasad Friday said if the CPI-M returns to power in the state, it will continue for the next 50 years.
"I don`t take much interest in West Bengal, but from whatever I know, if the CPI-M (Communist Party of India-Marxist) comes to power here,they will continue sitting for the next 50 years," the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief told media persons here.
"There are over a dozen leaders who all want to be prime ministers... there is also Didiji (Banerjee). Didi? You all understand, I hope?" said Lalu Prasad with a chuckle.
He was also critical of the Banerjee government, saying that crimes against women including rape were regularly happening.
"Like other states, rapes and atrocities against women are happening here also. The government needs to take action. Those who commit crime against women should always be punished," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra