50 years for CPI-M if they win Bengal again: Lalu Prasad
Kolkata: Taking a dig at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s rule, RJD chief Lalu Prasad Friday said if the CPI-M returns to power in the state, it will continue for the next 50 years.
"I don`t take much interest in West Bengal, but from whatever I know, if the CPI-M (Communist Party of India-Marxist) comes to power here,they will continue sitting for the next 50 years," the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief told media persons here.
"There are over a dozen leaders who all want to be prime ministers... there is also Didiji (Banerjee). Didi? You all understand, I hope?" said Lalu Prasad with a chuckle.
He was also critical of the Banerjee government, saying that crimes against women including rape were regularly happening.
"Like other states, rapes and atrocities against women are happening here also. The government needs to take action. Those who commit crime against women should always be punished," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi