50 years for CPI-M if they win Bengal again: Lalu Prasad
Kolkata: Taking a dig at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s rule, RJD chief Lalu Prasad Friday said if the CPI-M returns to power in the state, it will continue for the next 50 years.
"I don`t take much interest in West Bengal, but from whatever I know, if the CPI-M (Communist Party of India-Marxist) comes to power here,they will continue sitting for the next 50 years," the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief told media persons here.
"There are over a dozen leaders who all want to be prime ministers... there is also Didiji (Banerjee). Didi? You all understand, I hope?" said Lalu Prasad with a chuckle.
He was also critical of the Banerjee government, saying that crimes against women including rape were regularly happening.
"Like other states, rapes and atrocities against women are happening here also. The government needs to take action. Those who commit crime against women should always be punished," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing
- LIC to fill posts for 2 MDs; yet to name chairman
- Wild elephant tramples farmer to death in Coimbatore
- CID team visits Murshidabad hospital after two women killed in fire
- India must take Dawood's presence strictly with Pakistan: Samajwadi Party