57 gelatin sticks found in Jungle Mahal
Purulia (WB): Security forces on Thursday seized 57 gelatin sticks and other materials required to manufacture explosives from a forest in Purulia district in Jungle Mahal region, Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar said.
Besides the gelatin sticks, the security personnel seized five pipes needed to make landmines, one binocular, a wrist watch and maoist posters from Duarsini forest in Bandwan, near Jharkhand border.
The SP said the raid was conducted there following information that a group of Maoists were hiding there.
However, he said, the red rebels who were there probably fled to Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital