57 gelatin sticks found in Jungle Mahal
Purulia (WB): Security forces on Thursday seized 57 gelatin sticks and other materials required to manufacture explosives from a forest in Purulia district in Jungle Mahal region, Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar said.
Besides the gelatin sticks, the security personnel seized five pipes needed to make landmines, one binocular, a wrist watch and maoist posters from Duarsini forest in Bandwan, near Jharkhand border.
The SP said the raid was conducted there following information that a group of Maoists were hiding there.
However, he said, the red rebels who were there probably fled to Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video