57 gelatin sticks found in Jungle Mahal
Purulia (WB): Security forces on Thursday seized 57 gelatin sticks and other materials required to manufacture explosives from a forest in Purulia district in Jungle Mahal region, Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar said.
Besides the gelatin sticks, the security personnel seized five pipes needed to make landmines, one binocular, a wrist watch and maoist posters from Duarsini forest in Bandwan, near Jharkhand border.
The SP said the raid was conducted there following information that a group of Maoists were hiding there.
However, he said, the red rebels who were there probably fled to Jharkhand.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS