69 Trinamool MLAs in Bengal have criminal cases: Study
Kolkata: More than one third of the MLAs
elected in the newly constituted West Bengal Assembly have
criminal cases against them with Trinamool Congress topping
the list with 69, a study has found.
"Of the 294 MLAs in West Bengal Assembly, 102 MLAs
have criminal cases against them. Of them 75 have serious
charges like murder, attempt to murder and kidnapping," state
coordinator of National Election Watch Biplab Halim told
reporters here today.
Of those who have criminal cases, Trinamool Congress
tops the list with 69 MLAs of whom 51 have serious charges
followed by Congress which has 17 legislators with 11 having
Opposition CPI-M has seven MLAs with criminal charges
followed by Forward Block and RSP which have four and one MLAs
respectively with criminal charges against them.
Of the top 10 MLAs with serious criminal charges
against them seven are from Trinamool Congress, one each
from Congress, Forward Block and an Independent.
Of 184 MLAs of Trinamool Congress, 20 per cent are
`crorepatis` - the highest among the political parties and
followed by Congress which has 17 per cent of their MLAs in
the `crorepati` list, the analysis said.
On the other hand, CPI-M has no crorepati in their
list of MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest