7 cops, five security guards beaten up by public in WB
Jalpaiguri: In a case of mistaken identity, at least twelve securitymen, including seven cops, were seriously injured when they were beaten up by locals in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district.
On the suspicision they were cattle thiefs, the locals of Jalpesh area in Mynaguri assaulted five private security guards and later seven policemen who came to their rescue late last night, official sources said.
The injured securitymen were admitted to the Mynaguri civil hospital.
A strong contingent of police force have reached the spot and five people allegedly connected with the incident have been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!