7 cops, five security guards beaten up by public in WB
Jalpaiguri: In a case of mistaken identity, at least twelve securitymen, including seven cops, were seriously injured when they were beaten up by locals in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district.
On the suspicision they were cattle thiefs, the locals of Jalpesh area in Mynaguri assaulted five private security guards and later seven policemen who came to their rescue late last night, official sources said.
The injured securitymen were admitted to the Mynaguri civil hospital.
A strong contingent of police force have reached the spot and five people allegedly connected with the incident have been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS