7 cops, five security guards beaten up by public in WB
Jalpaiguri: In a case of mistaken identity, at least twelve securitymen, including seven cops, were seriously injured when they were beaten up by locals in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district.
On the suspicision they were cattle thiefs, the locals of Jalpesh area in Mynaguri assaulted five private security guards and later seven policemen who came to their rescue late last night, official sources said.
The injured securitymen were admitted to the Mynaguri civil hospital.
A strong contingent of police force have reached the spot and five people allegedly connected with the incident have been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off