7 cops, five security guards beaten up by public in WB
Jalpaiguri: In a case of mistaken identity, at least twelve securitymen, including seven cops, were seriously injured when they were beaten up by locals in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district.
On the suspicision they were cattle thiefs, the locals of Jalpesh area in Mynaguri assaulted five private security guards and later seven policemen who came to their rescue late last night, official sources said.
The injured securitymen were admitted to the Mynaguri civil hospital.
A strong contingent of police force have reached the spot and five people allegedly connected with the incident have been taken into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?