7 killed, 16 injured in Bengal accident
Kolkata: Seven people, including a woman and two children of the same family, were killed and 16 others injured after the pickup van they were travelling in collided with a truck in West Bengal`s South Dinajpur district, police said on Saturday.
"All seven people, including a woman and two minors, died on the spot after their pickup van collided head-on with a truck. Sixteen others with serious injuries have been admitted to the Balurghat General Hospital. They were returning from a marriage," a police officer from the district said.
The driver of the truck fled the spot but the vehicle has been seized by the police.
The incident happened late on Friday night at Patiram near Balurghat which is 436 km from the state capital Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city