7 killed, 16 injured in Bengal accident
Kolkata: Seven people, including a woman and two children of the same family, were killed and 16 others injured after the pickup van they were travelling in collided with a truck in West Bengal`s South Dinajpur district, police said on Saturday.
"All seven people, including a woman and two minors, died on the spot after their pickup van collided head-on with a truck. Sixteen others with serious injuries have been admitted to the Balurghat General Hospital. They were returning from a marriage," a police officer from the district said.
The driver of the truck fled the spot but the vehicle has been seized by the police.
The incident happened late on Friday night at Patiram near Balurghat which is 436 km from the state capital Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch