70 year-old tribal woman killed in West Bengal
Jalpaiguri (WB): A 70 year-old tribal woman was killed at Ranicherra tea estate in Mal sub-division on suspicions that she practised witchcraft, police said on Sunday.
Budhni Tirkey who stayed with her three orphan grand daughters was threatened by several youths last evening to leave the area as they blamed her for the recent deaths in the area.
Later the youths returned in the night and forcibly took away Budhni, whose grandaughters lodged a complaint with the police.
Her badly wounded body was found today near Dooars railway line in Malbazar, the police said.
None was arrested and investigation into the abduction and killing was on, the police added.
Budhni`s grand daughters said a number of people had died of chikunguniya, malaria and malnutrition recently.
Most of the tribal families in the area are so poor that they do not have money to access medical facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Turkey party seeks constitutional change to boost Erdogan
- Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna in men's doubles third round at Roland Garros
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — As it happened...
- The 'unpredictability' in Kalki Koechlin's film career