79 nominations filed for fourth phase LS polls in West Bengal
Kolkata: Altogether 79 candidates have filed their nomination papers for the fourth phase of Lok Sabha elections in West Bengal to be held on May 7, the OSD in CEO`s office Amit Roy Chowdhury said here today.
Six Lok Sabha constituencies going to the polls in fourth phase are Jhargram, Midnapore, Purulia, Bankura, Bishnupur and Asansol.
"At the end of last day for filing nominations in this phase today, 16 candidates have filed their nominations from Purulia, followed by 15 from Bankura, 14 from Asansol, 13 from Jhargram, 12 from Midnapore and nine from Bishnupur parliamentary constituencies," he said.
Meanwhile, 46 candidates have so far filed their nominations for the fifth and final phase of Lok Sabha elections to be held on May 12, Roy Chowdhury added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet