8-10 Trinamool MPs may join Congress: Union minister
Kolkata: Congress leader and union minister Abu Hasem Khan Chowdhury Saturday claimed eight to 10 Trinammol Congress MPs under the leadership of Somen Mitra had knocked on the doors of the Congress and could defect after Diwali (early November). Mitra denied the claim.
"A number of Trinamool MPs are unhappy with the autocratic manner in which Trinamool is being run. Eight to 10 Trinamool MPs have approached the Congress... Somen Mitra and his loyalists. The good news may come after Diwali in November," Hashem, the minister of state for health, told media persons in Malda.
"Many MPs and leader, who had earlier left the Congress, now wanted to return. They feel they misunderstood the Congress high command. They have lot of grievances in Trinamool. I would be happy if they come back. It would inspire the Congress in the state and overcome the present weakness," he said.
Reacting to Chowdhury`s comments, Mitra said: "I don`t know where he has got the news that I will return to the Congress. .. if I at all return, I will return openly, and not secretly."
"And if I quit Trinamool, nobody will be able to say that I have quit the party when it was going through tough times. Unlike some others, I didn`t join the Trinamool in its heyday," said Mitra, a former state Congress president, who has been sidelined in the Trinamool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India